Monday, November 23, 2009

Its been a LONG time

As you can tell from the lack of posts its been a very LONG couple of months!! But as my internship comes to an end I thought I would reflect on some interesting and memorable times!

This entire process started back in May when I got my placement. I was SO worried I would get a crappy placement and to my suprise I got an awesome. I couldnt have asked for a bettter directing teacher. Micki is an amazing teacher and I am so lucky to have worked with her for the past 15 weeks. Jackie is an awesome co-teacher and was so helpful when it came to learning how to teach math and science all over again. I was also scared about the whole inclusion thing. But as I came to find out....its not that bad. What makes it easier is the support. Nick was a great teacher as well and really showed me that working with ESE kids isnt hard once you get to know their quirks!

The past few months has really reassured me that this is what I want to do. I am excited to get my first job and really start making an impact. And hopefully this will happen soon. Although it looks like I wont be teaching until next fall Im okay with that. For now its back to a nonteaching job.

As for the more recent things coming. Graduation!!!!!!!! I have waited 6 1/2 years for this day. It seems like it was just yesterday when my mom and I were driving up to Jacksonville crammed into my lil mustang. Its been a long and hard road but I can finally say that I am graduating. The day that my supervisor came into my clasroom to look at my portfolio and give me my final grade is when it FINALLY hit me.
I was on my way to Publix to pick up mine and Micki's lunch and on my way there is when it hit me. I actually started crying when I realized I was done. Like officially done. So as my "college life" comes to an end. I am excited and nervous, but more excited than anything!

So look for my next post after graduation! Which will hopefully include pics of me in my cap and gown and walking across the stage :) YAY! C/O'09!

No comments:

Post a Comment