Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Open them windows!

And that is just what we did! I love having windows in my classroom!

Anyways....for the past two days I have been in the classroom by myself teaching..my DT has been testing the kids in the library since I cant administer the test (cause Im not a certified teacher) but the test is on the computer....but thats another matter.

So my biggest issue today was stealing. I bought 3 boxes of snacks (those little debbie snack thingys...brownies, some kind of stuffed cookie thing, and rice krispie treats) well I brought them in on Friday and filled the basket so the kids could buy them with their reward money. Well I didnt do rewards on friday cause we didnt have time so I never gave any out. Well I wasnt in the classroom on Monday cause I was at a workshop with my DT. Tuesday I did rewards but only gave out 2 of the snack thingys. Well come Wednesday I look at the basket and i realize that there are only about 5 or 6 snack thingys left....I asked my DT if she gave them out and she said no....so sine half my class was testing in the media center I decided to do some investigating...luckily I have a few honest kids in my class and they ratted out some other kids. Turns out 3 students decided to steal the snacks when we were doing other things and I wasnt looking. I decided to go through their backpacks and found empty wrappers in their bags...can you say GUILTY. My DT dealt with them. She ended up taking 1 kid to the assistant Principal. So in the end I was really hurt by them stealing stuff like that. Especially one specific student...she is my gifted kid...really smart....but isnt hanging out with the right crowd apparently....


So besides all that like I said I have been teaching by myself for 2 days. and both of those days my principal decides she wants to visit my classroom. On Tuesday she sat and watched me teach for about 15-20 minutes and today (wednesday) she kept walking by my classroom probably every 10 minutes..it was REALLY annoying cause where I sit when Im using the ELMO I sit really close to the door and I could see her every time she walked by.

Well my next observation is next Thursday and Im teaching math...YIKES! Some of you know that math is my WORST subject, but I will keep repeating to myself what my 5th grade math teacher told me one day: "Sarah, its not that you hate math...its that your afraid of it!" Thanks Mr. T :) So hopefully I wont be afraid of teaching multiplication. For those of you that had Mrs. Pierce at RES you will remember those rocket ships that showed where we were on multiplication tables...well if you remember you'll probably remember I was stuck at my 3's time tables for about 2 weeks...talk about embarrassing!! I was REALLY bad a multiplication (Im awesome at in now! I can raddle off any multiplication fact in about 2 seconds).

I will let everyone know how it goes!


Is it Friday yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment