Thursday, September 17, 2009

Into the swing of things

I didn't even realize until about an hour ago that I haven't posted in almost a week! Life as been crazy lately. I have been SOOOOOOO busy. I have recently started teaching everyday and have taught the entire for almost the entire week. This week I have been teaching my babies about the writing process (pre-writing, drafting, revising, editing, and publishing). Its been fun cause they are so excited about me reading their stories when they are done. Lots of parent-teacher conferences recently.

I'm teaching my first formal lesson next Tuesday. Im gonna a stem lesson for science. Its actually kinda cool cause I'm excited about teaching my very first official POE! POE stands for Predict, Observe, Explain. Its used for science experiments. I tell the kids what I am gonna do and then they predict what they think is gonna happen. Then they observe the experiment and write down their observations then I go back and explain what happened and they write that down. Its pretty cool...Im gonna take pics of the actual experiment so you can see what we did! Im really excited about this!!!!

So to go back to my last post I mentioned that I was told I am now officially a teacher by my fellow teachers. This was because I made a kid cry for the first time. I FELT SOOOOO BAD!!! I later gave him a hug and asked him if he was mad at me and he said no.

I've been crazy busy writing lesson plans for the past two weeks and also grading stuff. Apparently I was being too nice when I am grading and was told to be harsher.

Look for the post on how my formal observation goes!! Wish me luck and send me good teacher thoughts on Tuesday!

-Ms. Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment