Tuesday, September 1, 2009

All by myself......

Today was the FIRST day that I was basically by myself. My DT had to leave early today (and by early I mean around 1130). Well she of course had to get a sub (he was kinda annoying me). She left me with her lesson plans for the day and I taught my first lesson today!!! It was good cause it was with our homeroom class (the good class!) and she did the lesson earlier in the day with my co-teachers class, so I was able to watch her teach the lesson and did exactly what she did (with a few modifications for my ESE kids). The kids were really good for me! So all in all I'd have to say my first lesson was a success. Just don't tell my supervisor that I taught a lesson today. I'm not supposed to be teaching until next week and if I do I have to type up a lesson plan!

The principal and some lady from the school board came in to the classroom today and I was soooo nervous..not really sure why but I guess it was because its the principal.

Open house is this Thursday and we realized today as we were putting together the ABC's of 3rd grade handbooks for the parents, that we forgot to put in under the "I" the intern part. OPPS! So Im gonna write my very own welcome letter to all the parents about who I am and what I am going to be doing for the next 15 weeks (oye....15 weeks...)

Well today has been a VERY long day....interning from 745-330 then went to the clinic from 330-630..I AM TIRED!!!!! But I love my KBP people and I will help them out as much as I can!


-Ms. Brooks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment