Sunday, September 20, 2009

What do you wanna be when you grow up?

That was what one of my babies asked me on Friday. I just smiled at her and told her I wanted to be a teacher. Its funny how she reminded me that it really is what I wanna be and that I cant wait to get that first job offer and start teaching in my very own classroom. Although I LOVE teaching in my DT's room.

I went in on Friday to help my DT grade papers cause Friday is our big test day (we give the kids like 3 tests on Fridays and with 44 kids total its ALOT of grading for one person) So I went in after my seminars at UNF to help her. Well she showed me the grades for the kids reading tests and I almost cried! THEY DID HORRIBLE!!! What made me almost cry was that I was the one that taught reading the entire week! But I figured that there was something wrong cause even my gifted students did bad! Not one kid got higher than a C. The unit was supposed to be on sequencing (ya know...putting a story in order) anyways, the test had NOTHING to do with sequencing. (We dont make the tests, they take them from a workbook that comes along with their reading book.) So my DT said not to worry cause it may have been the test and not me.

I have my first observation on Tuesday and my DT and I are trying to get stuff ready for when my supervisor comes in (i.e. the observations my DT does, my PDP, part of my portfolio., etc.), so it looks like we have actually done something in the past 4 weeks. I have TONS of lesson plans written some Im kinda hoping he'll say that I dont have to do the long form for lesson plans anymore cause they are a pain!!!

I have an early release day on Wednesday which means training in the afternoon...oh joy. I had WOW Wednesday training this past Wednesday...and it was SOOOOO boring! I was falling asleep! It was on how to administer this new reading test on a computer...too bad after the entire training she mentions that only certified teachers can administer it....which isnt me! I was pissed. Oh well.

I'll try to post on Tuesday to let you know how my first formal observation goes :) Wish me luck!!!


-Ms. Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment